Recitals are a very special event for students and parents! It is a time when we come together to celebrate the accomplishments of the student! Here are a few things to keep in mind for a recital:
• Performers should wear appropriate attire. Girls in appropriate-length dresses or nice pants, boys in dress pants and polo or button down dress shirt. Please no flip-flops, or athletic footwear. Please do not wear dangling, jingling jewelry.
• It’s a great idea to practice in your outfit, especially with shoes included.
• Once it is your turn, rise quickly and walk up to the piano. Adjust the bench, pause and collect your thoughts, and begin when you are ready.
• Performers bow at the end of the performance. We will practice bowing properly a few lessons before the recital.
• Arrive at the requested time in order to learn where you are to sit and receive instructions for the performance.
FOR THE AUDIENCE
• Please arrive a little early in order to find a comfortable place to sit.
• Turn off all cell phones and any electrical devices that may produce sound.
• Once the recital begins, please listen and be quiet. Crying babies should be taken out. They are not happy, and neither is the audience or the performer!
• The soloist will bow and your response is to applaud politely!
• Please stay until the performance or event is completely over. If you have other obligations or matters to attend to before the recital is over, please do not attend.