What to expect for the holiday recital
Recitals are a very special event for students and parents; it is a time when we come together to celebrate the accomplishments of the student! Here are a few things to keep in mind for a recital:
• Performers should wear appropriate attire. Girls in appropriate-length dresses or nice pants, and boys in dress pants and polo or button down dress shirt. Please no flip-flops or athletic footwear. Please do not wear dangling, jingling jewelry.
• It’s a great idea to practice in your outfit, especially with shoes included.
• Once it is your turn, rise quickly and walk up to the piano. Adjust the bench, pause and collect your thoughts, and begin when you are ready.
• Performers bow at the end of the performance. We will practice bowing properly a few lessons before the recital.
• Arrive at the requested time in order to learn where you are to sit and receive instructions for the performance.
• Please arrive a little early (about 15 minutes prior to recital start time) in order to find a seat and help your child find their place.
• Turn off all cell phones and any electrical devices that may produce sound.
• Once the recital begins, please listen and be quiet. Crying babies should be taken out. They are not happy, and neither is the audience or the performer!
• The soloist will bow and your response is to applaud politely!
• Please stay until the performance or event is completely over. If you have other obligations or matters to attend to before the recital is over, please do not attend.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.